"If you detect air leaks around their perimeters, seal them with weatherstripping, caulk, or a combination of the two." Original Source: http://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/don-t-make-these-7-mistakes-prepping-your-home-for-winter-50609/4-don-t-underestimate-creosote?bvsp=lg
"If you allow clogs to render your gutters ineffective, it could take only one heavy storm to compromise or even erode your landscaping." Original Source: http://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/5-ways-clogged-gutters-are-destroying-your-home-50590?slide_name=weak-foundations&bvsp=lg
"No one will notice it is there except you and you utility bill." Original Source: How to Install Soffit Vents
Original Source: "Understanding Solar Power"
- The good news is that cleaning indoor stucco usually takes nothing more than water and a bit of elbow grease
- Don’t give a minor crack the chance to become a major headache. Take swift action.
- In fact, due to its unique formulation, you get the job done in remarkably little time.
- Different wood gets different results, despite using the same process. And whatever that process, it’s never an exact science.
- Nothing is permanent. If you’re not crazy about your end results, rest assured that they’re only surface deep!
- You can always paint it, or strip it and try again, thanks to the forgiving nature of this beloved building material.
- Visual clues are good indications of property lines, but if you intend to build or install something on your land, you’ll need additional verification.
- Before you drive yourself too crazy with the metes and bounds survey, know that the only legally binding method to determine exact property lines is to have a professional survey.
- If you don’t have a copy of your deed filed with your homeowner records, get one at the register of deeds office, often located within your county courthouse.
- Grooved-joint pliers quickly adjust to grip several different sizes of hexagonal and square nuts and fasteners.
- To prevent grooved-joint pliers from slipping, always grip the nut so that you're pulling the handle toward the pliers' smaller, adjustable jaw.
- Combination wrenches come in a wide variety of sizes. Each has an open-end wrench on one end and a box wrench on the other.
- There is something that people forget. All it needs is a little moist and a little dark space and it can grow so quickly.
- It can be there and you won't know at all.
- Your ceiling fan, very very good make sure you use in an counter clockwise position so it is creating the breeze throughout the house.
- The introduction of the Milwaukee cordless nailer lineup offers a variety of high-quality nailers, in the most commonly-used gauges.
- There are gas-powered nailers available, and some do a pretty good job.
- When the nailer is turned on, it defaults to sequential mode, which is indicated by steady green lights near the power switch.