Does leaf protection really matter?
- Gutters are the first line of defense against water leaking into your home.
- If your gutters are clogged with debris, water is probably not draining away from your home properly.
- If water is not draining properly, it can collect along your foundation, possibly leading to dreaded basement leaks.
- The weight of water and debris sitting in your gutters can cause your gutters to pull away from your home.
- Clogged and dirty gutters can promote ice dams in the winter, which are particularly dangerous and can lead to your gutters falling off your house completely due to the weight of the ice.
- Gutters that are full of debris and mucky water can attract nasty vermin – including carpenter ants, mosquitoes, and other rodents. Once these critters make it into your gutters, their next stop would be inside your house!