Gutters may seem like one of those miscellaneous items that gets ignored when it comes to house repairs but trust us, it is an item that when ignored can lead to some serious expenditures. If you are on the fence about getting your gutters done, below are 5 signs that you should invest in getting the work done.
1. Leaking – If you notice that when it rains that water is dripping from the seams or corners it is sign that your gutters need some TLC. Leaks can lead to serious problems in the future.
2. Pulling Away – The gutters will start to pull away from the fascia board if there is too much weight in them, they will also pull away if water has been getting behind the gutter causing the fascia board to rot and the screws to pull out. When this happens you will want to call us to correct the issue before more damage is done
3. Trees in the Eaves – Gutters need to be cleaned annually at the very least. When you fail to maintain your gutter, you will eventually start to notice little plants growing in them. Your gutters were definitely not intended to become flower pots.
4. Holes – If you notice that your gutters have developed holes, this is the most obvious sign that the gutters are no longer doing their intended job. Gutters with holes will eventually cause mayhem to your landscaping and foundation.
5. Holding Water – Gutters should have a slight pitch. When gutters have had debris in them for a while the weight of the debris can cause the pitch to be off. This leads to having standing water left in the gutters.
If this happens, the water can be a breeding ground for bugs and mold. We are happy to come out and assess any issues you have with your gutters. We are committed to solving your gutter problems. Give us a call at 734-374- 2100.