- Seamless gutters are free of demarcations which make them highly functional and efficient in preventing water leakage.
- Choosing this longer lasting aluminium product will increase the curb appeal of your home whilst remaining kind to the pocket.
- The high quality seamless aluminum guttering comes with an ogee profile that provides efficient drainage of water.
"Having the right system in your attic will help eliminate hot spots on the roof that will allow the snow and ice up there to melt unevenly."
Original Source: http://www.homeimprovementcorner.com/gutter_ice_dam.php
- Make sure you’re dealing with a reputable contractor.
- Take a closer look at the estimates you’ve already received. How comprehensive are they?
- A careful review takes time, but it can save you thousands of dollars—and loads of grief.
- gutter guard option
- reduce the amount you spend cleaning and maintaining gutters
- weight of clogged section pulls down gutters
“My basement is leaking and I need someone to come out right away and fix my gutters.” We occasionally get phone calls that start with these words. The following is a list of questions we will ask you to determine if your gutters are the problem or if it may be something else:
- Are your gutters clean or do you have a waterfall coming from your gutters when it rains?
- Are you sure the downspouts are not clogged and water is flowing from them during heavy rainfall?
- Do all the downspouts have at least 3’ extensions?
- Are the gutters leaking?
- Are the gutters free of standing water/correctly pitched?
If you can answer yes to all these questions, you don’t have a gutter problem. You will need to contact a company that specializes in basement leaks. However, once your basement is dry again, the staff at Alloy Gutter Company wants to help you keep your gutter system operating properly. Make sure to call Alloy for any gutter cleaning or repair work you may need in the future.
We occasionally get a phone call that starts with the caller describing an unusual situation. They want to make us aware of a specific problem area. Because it’s important for us to have a clear understanding of what you are describing, it’s very helpful if you can send us a photo. Just email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The office staff at Alloy Gutter Company is constantly monitoring our email account so that we can update information that is needed for jobs and quotes. Our experienced staff will take a look at the photo and get back to you promptly. In most cases, the unusual situation turns out to be something we have dealt with many times.
After over thirty five years in business, Alloy Gutter Company has the experience to troubleshoot any special needs. Give us a call, send us your pictures and we will make your gutter troubles a thing of the past!
- 1066: English towns and churches are being rebuilt after the Norman invasion. Gutters on churches are constructed with gargoyles.
- 1240: The Tower of London has a downpipe erected to protect the whitewashed walls.
- Middle Ages: Drainage disputes become one of the most frequent cases heard by authorities.
- 1539: The start of the appearance of rainwater goods on grand houses. Cisterns and hopper heads are crafted from lead.
- 1709: Cast iron replaces lead for rainwater goods.
- 1939 – 1945: Plastic replaces cast iron for gutters and downspouts.
- 1960’s: A seamless gutter machine is invented and aluminum is now used for gutters.