I’ll be honest. I used to be one of the biggest critics of leaf protection systems. I thought that they were over-priced, ineffective, ugly, and completely superfluous. Until I bought my own home and cleaning the gutters became my responsibility. I live in a small home; however it’s surrounded by trees. As pine needles, helicopters, leaves, walnuts, birds’ nests, tennis balls and all sorts of other interesting accessories collected in my gutters, it didn’t take long before they were full of water and overflowing with rancid, brown-colored ooze. So my Saturday would look a little something like this: Haul the ladder out, strategically and carefully wrestle it around trees, shrubs, electrical meters, decks, and walkways, begin removing a copious amount of black smelly gutter muck from the gutters and downspouts, and running a garden hose up the ladder to spray out as much of the debris as possible. (By this time an audience of half a dozen or so neighborhood kids would be standing beneath my ladder, watching with particular interest). By the end of the process, I’ve been dive bombed by angry, overly protective mother birds, nearly fallen off the ladder, and covered myself from head to toe in gutter muck. (I suppose it is entertaining for the kids). Now every time I reach for the ladder, I hear a neighbor kid yell, “HEY EVERYBODY, HE’S GETTING THE LADDER OUT!” It gets worse. This is a process that requires constant attention throughout the year. To ensure that your gutters are draining properly, they need to be cleaned out on a consistent basis. It doesn’t take but a handful of leaves (or 1 rogue tennis ball) to clog your downspout outlet. One clogged outlet could result in a basement full of water or washed out landscaping. Turns out that leaf protection is quite functional and cost effective. We offer a wide range of leaf protection products, all of them effective, affordable, and zero maintenance products.
Fall is here and the leaves have begun to descend. Homeowners may be thinking about how they can keep their gutters from clogging with leaf and debris build-up. Besides having to spend a Saturday cleaning out the gutters, homeowners may be surprised to find out that there are other ramifications to unprotected gutters. • Clogged gutters can cause water to back up into the house, leading to wall and ceiling damage. • Landscaping can be ruined by overflowing water. • Excessive water around the foundation of a home may eventually cause cracks around the foundation walls. • The wood fascia around the house can rot by water backing up from the clogged gutters. • Standing water in your gutter attracts insects. Alloy Gutter also offers a Gutter Cleaning Service.
- Prevents clogged gutters which can damage basements, foundations, and landscaping
- Does not require replacement of gutters, can be installed over existing 5" or 6" gutters
- Handles the heaviest rains
- Ultra Low Profile is barely visible from the ground
- Adds years to existing gutter systems
- No maintenance necessary
- Stays in place - resistant to rain, snow, wind - and pests
- Fits securely in new or existing 5" or 6" gutter
- No need to lift shingles - leaving your roof and its' warranty in tact
- Keeps leaves, twigs, branches out
- Guaranteed for Life!
- 4-ft panels are easy to replace in case one or more is damaged by an external force (falling tree limb, etc)
- Does not affect your roof or its' warranty because the product screws directly into your gutters
- Offers a custom fit
- Aluminum end caps and miters enclose the system to ensure debris and animals stay out!